When you hold a MIYABI 4000FC knife in your hand, you experience the traditional craftsmanship of Japanese knives. Beauty and sharpness are the ideals to be achieved with every kitchen knife - and these are also reflected in this Gyutoh, with a blade length of 240 mm. Its blade, which has been sharpened on both sides, makes it the perfect instrument for cutting meat or preparing large vegetables.
The robust FRIODUR blade is characterized by its high edge retention capacity: The material used for this is FC61 steel which has been double-hardened in ice. This high quality special steel offers the best conditions for a particularly fine Katana-like edge, as is known from Japanese sword blades. This makes the blade very sharp and gives it a high edge retention capacity - a sign of the knife's craftsmanship. The octagonal handle and bolster not only make the MIYABI 4000FC an elegant instrument, but also make it safe and comfortable.
From an optical point of view, the mosaic brooch, together with the impregnated and dimensionally stable Pakka wood handle, is also an eye-catcher. It underlines the elegant character that characterizes a Japanese chef's knife like this. All MIYABI knives are made in Seki, Japan.
ZWILLING has its own manufacturing facility there. Thus, the skills of German engineering in Solingen and the finest craftsmanship of East Asia are ideally combined.
- Made from the revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - hardness 61 Rockwell
- The ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, edge retention and corrosion resistance.
- Hand-sharpened Honbazuke blade offers a scalpel-like edge.
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5 to 12 degree edge angle.
- Mirror polished blade features Japanese design details: sandblasted katana edge and embossed MIYABI logo.
- The ergonomic pakka wood handle is stamped with a mosaic pin and fits comfortably in the hand.
- The rounded back and heel ensure a smooth cut.
- Hand wash only
- Handmade in Seki, Japan