In the kitchen, Japanese chefs are just as demanding with functionality as they are with aesthetics. The MIYABI? 5000MCD 67 Black Collection offers the best of both worlds; featuring a Micro-Carbide MC66 powered steel core wrapped by 132 layers of steel honed to a Flower Damask pattern. The maple wood handle features a striking mosaic pin and a steel end cap. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
Features and Benefits:
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of maple wood, elegantly enhanced with a mosaic pin, red spacers and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- The hand polishing reveals a unique individual Flower Damascus design
- Forged 133-layer construction - 132 layers of prestige stainless steel create a protective layer encapsulating the MC66 core
- Resilient CRYODUR? hardened blade for stability and cutting edge retention, with hardness of 66 HRC
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand honed edge creates an ultra-sharp cutting edge of 9.5°- 12° angle (19°-24° total)